Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ginga Densetsu Weed Volume 21 Review

(This blog text contains spoilers of the manga Ginga Densetsu Weed) 

Hi everyone! For this post I'm going to do a review on Ginga Densetsu Weed manga, this is my first one so dont kill me okey. :D This may fail in some kind of level and also this is volume 21 so there were 20 more volumes and I wont review them because I would have to read them again and stuff, but lets cut the crap!

I have to say for beginning that I only read manga in Finnish so this is Finnish edition. As a start, this is first volume that had a photo background, first 20 volumes had one color background. Well this is much better cover cover than one colored but this first one was kinda like basic Finnish rock landscape, so its not that glamorous and its a little bit depressing. But lets hope that next cover will be more suitable. :3

Volume starts with cool picture that has Hougen and I guess its a grim reaper, it definitely suits Hougen. Then Hougen killed his brother and then drank his blood. And when we he started to cry and his tears mixed with blood it made me feel sorry for Hougen and it was definitely more dramatic than in the anime. 




Then Hougen started to kill everyone who were involved in Genba's death, and Daisuke and Hidetoshi arrived there with helicopter, I don't know what they tried to achieve with that. Well at least they spotted Hougen which is helpful thing later. When it was Toubee's turn to die and Toubee got mad to Hougen and he shook off other Officers (3) who were holding him down and two of them fell on the ground and the third one was like "Aah! You devil!" and looking like a princess when other Officers were manly tripped on the ground. :D 

Then Kamakiri found their hiding spot and Weed was clever and invented diversion-plan. First Rocket and Weed attracted Kamakiri's pack to follow them and they run over an hour, like what? How Kamakiri's soldiers didn't spot that? U dumb dogs! :D

When they spread all over the hill it wasn't as impressive as it was in anime, and also Sasuke's plan wasn't as impressive. Later on the story we meet Daisuke and Hidetoshi again! Its nice to see people once in while in this manga, especially when its as exciting as this is. And then we get to meet a new person in this volume, a hunter who is looking for Hougen and Genba. He looks just so cool and he has swag, :D leather jacket and scars on face. But I wonder how did he get so good pictures of them running in a freakin forest? 

I was disappointed when they didn't show us how did they save Toubee, well maybe it wouldn't even had been interesting. When that hunter tells more and more about Hougen and Genba it just gets more interesting. Last picture of chapter 5 looks creepy and cool at the same time and opens up more questions and interest.

At the beginning of chapter 6 the hunter tells about how he met Hougen and Genba and it was very exciting to read since it wasn't in the anime. I see that Takahashi can also draw dark shades but I laughed my ass off to this picture. :D I have to ask why those polices just ran in to the building? Did they thought that Hougen and Genba would just sit there and watch? The hunter should just have shot Hougen and Genba instead of shooting in the air. I wonder why they didn't kill him too, maybe they were too exited of their freedom. It was nice to see this kind of story, I liked it. Another blogger said that she thought that Toubee joined Hougen's army because he couldn't hunt, that's part of the reason but above all I think he joined so that he could fight with supreme commander of Ou. It was nice to hear more about them from Kamakiri's old pack member and then I got to laugh more to mad looking dogs. :D 

And then, at the end of this volume, everyone starts putting pressure on Weed, as an example Kurotora says "Surpass your father. Gin did his major work at your age." Like... Would you stop that pressuring? :D And if you respect Weed that much then you should let him be as he is and let him call you what ever he wants. 

Well that was it, this is my first one so don't kill me! :D As a whole this volume was really good, there wasn't any boring moments and I got to see something that I haven't seen before, this story about how Hougen and Genba got mad and also that hunter! But what did you think about this volume if you have read it? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment