Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Gon Volume 7 Review And Final Look

(This blogtext contains spoilers of the manga Gon)

Hi guys! ^-^ Finally I get to make another manga review, so that this wouldn't be only kpop blog and so that I get to read more manga, because I don't want to read more before I have made a review so that I remember well what happened in this volume, okey this was a bit unclear but hopefully you got the point. :'D So, first I will make a review on Gon's volume 7 and since its the last volume I will give you a final look on the series. So lets get this baby started!

So first we see the cover, this time its actually very boring, Gon just sits there with some sort of cone in his mouth. :'D 

Story starts when an egg docks on the beach and right next to the place where Gon is sleeping, and the egg hatches and the baby bird thinks that Gon is its mother. Well luckily Gon starts to take care of the bird. After a while they find another bird taking care of its baby's and they colonize right next to them. Then Gon starts to shake the little baby bird, apparently he is trying to preen it... Failed in that. :D I don't get why Gon always ends up "hurting" everyone else, hes a meanie! 

Then Gon continues being a meanie, when he goes to fish and he gets lot of fish, he only gave one fish to the baby bird and ate rest of them himself, and the he sat on the bird... Gon is very dumb dinosaur. :'D And then there is the sad part when one baby bird in the other nest gets killed... Its always very sad when you see these things in this manga. :( After that Gon's baby bird has grown a bit, and Gon still keeps being an meanie, when he doesn't want to walk he jsut pops in the bird back and the bird gives him a ride, like why do you let him do that for you? :D


Then they went fishing together, and when the bird was afraid to going into the water, Gon just pushed him in there. Its kinda good because he had nothing to be afraid of but at the same time it was really mean, I know I wouldn't like if someone would force me to do something which I don't like or I'm afraid to do it. And then, when the bird is making good progress Gon just pops up in his back and tries to kill the bird, not for real but it certainly looked like it. Well its good to see funny moments after this... abuse... :D When they were sitting in the nest and the bird was sitting on Gon, it looked so funny and when the bird was scared because of the bee and Gon looked at the bird like "Are you f*cking kidding me?". :D

Then there were more sad parts, like two of the remaining three birds died, why in this manga have to be so much death and sadness then suddenly it turns into funny moments? Its good that the Gons baby bird stood up and fought with the lizard. And Gon just remains an ass till the end by pushing him off the cliff when they were learning to fly, and what was that zoom into Gon's head or was he just approaching the edge and then the not-so-baby-bird-anymore learned to fly and flew over Gon... It was so sad when the bird flew away and I thought that this was a goodbye but the bird came back and the story continued with him(? I guess).


(Oh god this is so long already x'D) The story continues when Gon and seagull (I guess) are flying in the air and they fall down through woods and seagull goes through hell but Gon just happily goes straight to the fruit. But hes not the only one who wants it, baby orangutans wants it too and they are having a little fight between them and then orangutan mom steps in and I have to wonder why the mom didn't kick Gon's ass, instead of that he gave Gon a fruit too, well Gon looked very cute when he was happy. :3

Gon just rejected seagull and started hanging out with the orangutans, I felt really sorry for seagull but at least he got some fruits too and orangutan looked pretty ugly btw.

That part where the orangutan mom bawled to the monkey's... The roar looked really lame but still all the animals in the area were shocked. :D The papa orangutans entrance was kinda like Jesus would have been there, very strange. It was kinda like dad coming home after a long business trip or something and then every animal in the area started to sleep on the orangutan mom and dad. ._.


Then Gon started training with the orangutan dad and this time the orangutan was the bully, I still felt sorry for Gon because the orangutan was so meanie. :'D And I don't get what the hell was the meaning of the running through forest and smash everything that comes in the way. And then the orangutan was sitting on the mountain like a big master or sensei and telling Gon what to do, and when Gon had a nap he threw a freaking rock on him and all the other animals around got hit my that rock too, fuckin animals don't know how to behave them self's! The training was just so dumb. :'D

The last story is about animals trying to get honey. I'll try to make this quick! I don't get why would deer try to get honey... I felt so sorry for all the animals who were trying to get the honey because they all went down one by one and Gon used them to get the honey! >:( I thought that Gon had finally met someone who he cant defeat but no, after falling down for the bee bites he rose up and destroyed the bee nest and everyone got food and everyone were happy except the bees who lost their home...

So that's the the volume review, this volume was pretty boring nothing special about it, but now I can start the series reviewing. ^^

I shall start of the drawing style, its really good and it looks realistic but I have to say that Masashi Tanaka didn't use much imagination while drawing faces and facial expressions because they all looked exactly the same, if they were happy they all had same faces, if they were angry or sad, they all had same facial expression. 

The plot was also very boring, Gon just went one place to another and went wild with different animals but the plot repeated itself, many times actually. Like those baby animals getting killed and raising baby animals. And I cant believe how this manga ended, it just ended like pum! Nothing special happened, it just ended in the honey eating scene and then there were written that this is the final volume of Gon. I would have thought that it would have ended like Gon is finding a new home and now hes living with the seagull or that he would have gone back to his own time somehow.

And then finally Gon as a character, I didn't like him very much because he is pretty selfish and he uses other animals to get what he wants or just doesn't care about their feelings, of course hes a nice dinosaur too but my first impression was that he is a bully.

If you really like animals and you don't mind that there is no speaking in it or you just wanna "read" it then go ahead and buy it, but in my opinion I wouldn't recommend this.

Okey that's it! What did you like, pretty long, huh? :D Have you read Gon before and what did you like or what is your opinion on this series? Leave a comment below! :) 


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody speaks in that manga o.O its a little bit wierd. But I should try to read that ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah no-one speaks in there. :'D Well I would recommend to give it a try! ^-^

      Delete