Sunday, September 29, 2013

Romeo x Juliet Volume 1 Review

(This blogtext contains spoilers of the manga Romeo x Juliet)

Hi there! So in this post I will be talking about this manga: Romeo x Juliet or in Finnish: Romeo x Julia. Its made by COM and Hitomi Amamiya helped by being part of writing the script. Damn I wanted to tell you about the plot and stuff but I couldn't get words out of my mouth. >< But you can always check it out from Internet. ^^ 

So lets first judge the book by its cover!:D The cover is really basic, nothing much special on it, but in my opinion there is too much text telling about the original is made my William Shakespeare and who made the animation etc. The layout on back cover is pretty bad and now I discovered that there is written "1, uno" on the back. :D Fun little detail.

In the beginning there is colored pages which are always a plus, and I like how the titles are just simply "Act 1, Act 2" etc. The start was too short, everything (murder and Juliet's escape) happened so quickly, in just few pages and then we are suddenly in 14 years later scene. After that we get to meet this story's superhero: Red Whirlwind. Who is suffering of identity crisis, because everyone thinks that she is a boy but she is a girl. :D And everyone calls her Odin but she's really Juliet.
Love that scene where Romeo saved Juliet and it was so bromance. :D And then we get to see many new characters, and it was bad because when I read 30 pages I had to go back to the beginning to figure out who those characters were. Then we get to see Montague who is the bad guy, he looks so evil. :D And by the way, he has the same voice actor that Hougen has in the Ginga Densetsu Weed anime. :D 

And when the story is like this, ofc there is arranged marriage, Romeo is been hooked up with Hermione but he isn't interested in her (hes interested in Odin hohoho). And they really have great wigs there, because Juliet has that long hair but when shes a boy she has short hair like Romeo has, where do you hide that long hair without making it look weird? :D It was fun scene when Juliet was putting on the dress and in my opinion Juliet looks better as a boy. :D

When Shakespeare appeared, I couldn't tell if it was part of the story or was it a separate scene from the story. ._. I really liked the scene where Juliet were told that she is the last living Capulet, I liked that dramatic and shocked face. I loved that part where Romeo started undress Juliet and he was like "omg girl!" xD Cant wait that part in anime. :D It was so sad when the doctor got killed. :'( 

Tybalt made cool entrance, it would be cool to cosplay him. :D I would have liked to slap Juliet in the face, like for God's sakes, your blaming Romeo for something his father did? Wake up to this world woman! I really liked the ending, but Juliet attacked too hastily, she seemed so noob against Montague, and another dude got killed because of her. The volume left nicely an new question to be answered in the ending, who is that girl in the carriage? 

As a whole, I really liked this manga, drawing style isn't the best but its alright. I think 2 volumes is too low amount of books to this story, few more volumes could be good but at least I don't have to spend that much money. :D I would give this manga an 8. And have you read this manga before? If you have, please tell your opinion about it! ^^ 


3 comments:

  1. hieno blogi:) ihana tuo vika kuva
    http://training-diaries.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kuullostaa aikas mielenkiintoisela! :)
    Tulee tosin mieleen sellainen kuva, että on jotenkin raskaampaa luettavaa, kuten noiden hahmojen kanssa, ehkä siksi ei ole pidempi. Tän vois joskus vaikka lukaista, kiva saada uusia viboja tuttuihin tarinoihin. ^__^

    ~ Frillycakes ♥ ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oih löysin sun blogis ihan vasta nyt, ja tää sun layout ja ulkoasu ylipäätään on ihana!!

    http://ganbattedesuka.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete